Whole Home Furnace Humidifiers
Winter is the season for humidifiers. Whether you use gas or electric heat, the air from your furnace will not only keep you warm, it will dry out the air in your home. By sending small molecules of moisture into the air, whole home furnace humidifiers can help keep you healthier, and also extend the life of your furniture.
A whole home humidifier can provide a number of health benefits to people who suffer from dry skin, itchy eyes and throat, cracked lips and other health problems caused by dryness. By humidifying the air, the humidifier counteracts the dryness created by turning up the heat.
Humid air feels warmer than dry air at the same temperature. The humidified, heated air allows you to keep your thermostat set several degrees lower while you enjoy the same comfort level throughout your home. A lowered thermostat helps you save money on your heating bill.
Benefits of Whole Home Humidifiers
- Reduces susceptibility to infection
- Relieves and prevents dry, scratchy skin and lips.
- Keeps valuable wood furniture from drying out and cracking.
- Reduces static electricity
- Can help prevent wood floors from buckling and separating.
- Reduces nosebleeds, as the air you breathe is moist